Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Continuance...

I can hear someone blow their horn..But it sounds so far away.....I, for once seemed to ignore the music....I try to see who it is... But I don’t see the source....Looks like it was meant to be ignored.....I continue...I can hear it again...This time a little louder....The mirror playing tricks on me? I have to look back. and ....

Does he want the same thing as I want?..Can he see what I’m trying......there seems to be no way he can pull it off..?I am equiped..Music is pretty powerful.. My adrenalin is my music...was I over confident? NO....

Unforeseen forces trying to put me off track....seems that the wind will blow my head off if it were a little more fierce......should I go? Shouldn’t I? What was I thinking.....I don’t see him anymore....I hate reflections..of self or others...They tell you what you cannot see..Things that you would not like to see...that dark side......things that reflect...Now it is again playing tricks on me..or is it?...I have to turn back...I had to be sure that I was the only one..He was not behind me..Infact he had gained on me and was right alongside .. Almost intimidating...I have no fear...I step on it...I cut across the seemingly impossible breeze.....He follows..We pass that last obstacle on our way....Nothing can stop me now..For now it was impossible to resist..and he was the motivation for me to reach speeds that i would never have even attempted..but sanity was a thing of the past..The beats are getting faster...My hand tries to keep in touch...where is he? he is not ahead of me..ah! Not bad...

this wind...argh!...I would have loved this breeze to blow onto my face with all its fury on any other day....But not now......I just feel the bitterness...my hands seem to tremble...I did not want him to see it..It's psyching me out.. It's slowing me down..But it's not that bad...it's slowing him too..

The seemingly clear path is filled with obstacles..Life is so much different when you are faster than the rest.. Things that you would never notice now are more important...normally its supposed to be the other way around.....you seem to go through life observing very less because you never make an attempt...but with the right message...you will start noticing...Now I realize that I should have observed when I had the time to observe...OBSERVE...look for subtle changes in the environment...you can keep in touch with god..

He has edged past me...Just a few corners and we have to stop...my brain has stopped functioning...Go GO Go...the music is enchanting...i am in its spell....I cant stop..i cant give up...I cant be left behind....Go Go Go....we have almost reached the end... got to stop...stop the damn music...I hope my brain takes over....it has observed all the things that i have never seen before..

One last look ahead...is there an opening?.. yes..but, he cannot see it... I slow down...I look at him...he is slowing too..I know I can make it through... I can feel it..In just a second I through...I look back..no signs..All around..it was a different story! ...It was great...rejuvenating actually… a bitter pill.....

4 comments:

El Furibundo said...

"Life is so much different when you are faster than the rest"

It's almost like time slows down when you're going fast. The theory of relativity is like a profanity. It more than that. Deep within our instinct, we know that. We know enough to expect to be better when faster. It's like a peaceful frenzy.

hope i made sense. Superb rendition of an almost everyday occurence for a biker.

Sketcher said...

So there it is... life is like a street drag, you tend to concentrate more when you are in a rush. As long as no one is catching up on us we always take things smooth and easy, but when we see others closing up, that's when we get our basics right... "Focus" that's my favorite word.
On second thoughts... it all depends on what pace you want to live life. If you are already on the fast lane then there is no scope for error. One wrong move and you are down in the rubble. So choose your pace right. Follow discipline. That's the key to the checkered flag!

'Smee! said...

oooh!

Stargazer said...

Home
:-)