Tuesday, January 04, 2011

new year blues

Its 2011.(Ya its arrived pretty stealthily and I dont even feel like a year has passed, though I get a jolt every time I write the date).
Well, this post is mostly about how lucky I am not to be a hospital(OK, I may be exaggerating, but i was indeed lucky not to spend new years day calling up my insurance agents and stuff)
#1: We were driving back from atlanta downtown after new year celebrations. On the highway, another car in front of me(on the next lane) swerved to my lane without an indicator signal. The nose of my car was very very close to the back of that car. Well, this was around 1 AM, and it freaked the shit out of me(Not sure why this affected me so much, there are other incidents of similar nature that I have encountered in the past that I just let go in my mind). Well, I honked (maybe for the 3rd or 4th time ever in the last couple of years), danger averted. All is well.

#2 Travelling on the freeway when it was raining pretty hard. Maybe around 4 in the afternoon. moved over to a lane somewhere in the middle, kept at it for some time. All of a sudden, the car next to me, accelerated, and the result, was a huge amount of water got splashed onto my windscreen. Well, it looks to be something that happens quite frequently in rainy conditions, but this was extra 'special' because I was blinded for close to 5 seconds. Well, it did not turn disastrous for two reasons; The stretch on the freeway where this happened was straight as an arrow, and I did not do something stupid like brake or move around.

Somehow these two incidents on the 1st Jan sort of shook me badly. But I guess i should count myself lucky rather than think of it in a bad way...

No comments: