Thursday, April 30, 2009

fix me!

Coldplay. Listened to them when i was in my undergraduate.
i knew only one song, 'Yellow'. I never bothered to listen to anything else from them. then i got introduced to scientist, trouble . but they seemed normal. Nothing that would make me sit up and take notice.

Last summer in California, I was supposed to go to the coldplay concert. I wanted to listen to all their songs before i went. I fell in love with "clocks". I felt that was their best. There were other amazing songs as well, 'shiver' , 'everythings not lost', X&Y', 'dont panic'...........and so on.
I was unable to make it to the concert, though.

But then came 'fix you', and 'Till kingdom comes'. It's like they have taken over all the time I have for music (which is quite a lot in a day!).

Well this is not a tribute to coldplay or tribute to their song(i am pretty sure this post does not do any justice) . But yes, they are one amazing band and if you take time to read their lyrics, they move a notch up on your playlist!

In the present state of mind, i cannot think of any other band(rather, any other song) that would make me feel good (in a depressive way though!) other than coldplay/fix you.


"When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you "




10 comments:

Rashmi said...

I love this song,this is what made me get hooked onto Coldplay.The lyrics touch a cord and strike a note :) Btw did you attend that concert?

Sketcher said...

Well I was not too much of a coldplay fan either but then somehow magically I started listening to 'viva la vida' the entire album and am now actually hooked onto them.

Rize said...

@Rashmi: nopes..dint get time to attend the last time. But now with coldplay touring again , and also U2. have to go to both! :)

Rize said...

@Sketcher: ah..that is one song i wanted to listen to, will do that straightaway. Yes coldplay grows on you as you listen to more of them!

Stargazer said...

Take a step back in time and listen to Leonard Cohen. I think you'll like it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!! Finally found the song :) Have been hearing this song in bits and pieces. And searching landed up on your blog.

Rize said...

@ anonymous: your welcome! and thanks for landing up on my blog! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, you introduce me to always the best ones, it was you who told me about yellow, and now many more from them, its been few days, I have been listening to them and like them

'Smee! said...

Yayy! I like Coldplay too :)

Rize said...

@Pitila Aka Sandy Boi: Thanks man! :). coldplay rocks, enjoy the music!
@'Smee!: :)